Monday, April 18, 2011

Jack is here!

And we are just so in love with him! He was born on April 15th at 2am. He weighed 8lbs and 9oz and was 20.5 inches long. And as you can see in the pictures he has tons of hair!















We've had him home for a couple of days now and I'll I want to do is stare at him. I can't believe how much I miss him when he's not right next to me. Earlier I had to go upstairs and do some work, he was down stairs with Clint, the whole time I thought about him and couldn't wait to come down and see him. Its so crazy how much I can love someone I just met.




He's been such a good little baby so far. The first night we brought him home was a little rough. He woke up about every hour. I couldn't figure out why so I just nursed him every time. And he would stop crying as long as I was holding him but wouldn't sleep when I put him down. So I did something I swore I would never do, I put him in bed with me. But I was able to get a good couple hours of sleep. But the next day I realized what the problem was. He wasn't swaddled with the right blanket. A long time ago I went to a baby expo and got this swaddling blanket and it is seriously a miracle blanket. I don't even know why it works so well, if its just the fabric or the size or what but whenever I try to swaddle him in a different blanket he won't sleep for long. Its the weirdest thing. Click HERE for the website. I seriously love this blanket, because ever since I started using it he sleeps, and its wonderful.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats! Jack is so adorable and I love all his hair!! We are so happy for you guys!

Shaunae said...

He's adorable Marnae! Congratulations! That's so awesome! Good luck with the "sleep training" I was just reading Bethany's blog about her adventures in helping her son to learn how to sleep. The newborn phase is so fun and it really changes so quickly. They get so fat so soon. ;)