Thursday, June 5, 2014

How I did it

If your reading this, you probably saw my Facebook post on how I lost some weight. I did an 8 week weight loss challenge and lost 19 lbs. Everyone has been asking me what I did. So I thought I'd do a quick blog post on it. 

Just a little background, this isn't my first rodeo. Before I had jack I lost 56 lbs. I did a program called  live the life. Xango bought it and it's now favao. And then I gained a lot of weight while I was pregnant with him. And I lost all that right before I had Sam. That weight seemed to be a little easier to lose. I think I did live the life again.

So this is what I did this time:
For the workout, I lifted and was also training for a 1/2 marathon. I wouldn't recommend training for a distance run while your trying to lose weight. This is my third 1/2 and I've always had a hard time losing weight while I train. It's better to do shorter high intensity intervals. 

I follow my friend "leangreenmamamachine" on instagram. She posts her work outs and I modify them for myself. And this girl is ripped!

For the eating, I was doing a carb cycling from Chris powells book. This kind of explains it http://chrispowell.com/carb-cycling-101/

Everyone always asks me what I are while I was on this. Here is an example:
Low carb: m1 protein shake, scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1/4 c oats, 6 cubes of ice and water. (This is my favorite protein shake ever) m2: egg white omelet (egg whites, veggies and a Tbs cheese) m3: Lemon chicken on a green salad and a Tbs of olive oil. M4: cottage cheese with salsa and 1/4 of an avocado. M5: chicken ratatouille with a Tbs of Parmesan cheese. 

High carb: basically the same, I would take out the fat and add a carb. M1: the same protein shake, for m1 I would always do something with high carb. M2 egg white omelet with no cheese and I would add a fruit or 2 corn tortillas. M3: lemon chicken with sweet potato and  veggies. M4: cottage cheese with salsa and a piece of homemade whole wheat sour dough bread. M5: chicken ratatouille with brown rice, no Parmesan.

And then for the last week of the completion I really wanted kick it up a notch. So I did a really strict 5 day meal plan, but turned it into 7. You can get the meal plan by going to Facebook and going to LGN fitness & nutrition, and the latest post has a link to get the meal plan. I'd link it, but you can't get to it with a mobile device and I'm on my phone. So if you can't find it let me know and I'll get on my computer. On this I lost 7 lbs just in the first 4 days. I was really hoping to lose 10 or more and hopefully get 1st or 2nd in the competition. But after seeing what those girls weight loss percentages were I realized I would have had to lose 30 lbs overall to beat them which would have been next to impossible. So I'm happy with third :)

Ok, so every time I get to this point I get pregnant. And then eat everything in site, because that's all I want to do in my first trimester. So the goal this time is to get ripped. Like I want to pass the pencil test. And have a six pack. The pencil test by the way is when you put a pencil under your butt cheek, if it doesn't stay then you've passed. So I'm thinking about recording what I eat and my workouts on my blog. That way when people ask me what I'm doing I can refer them to this blog and I won't have to answer the question a million times. 

So, comment below and let me know if you want me to record everything here. I might do it even if no one cares just because I know people will ask me what I did once I start looking awesome.

No comments: